Please kindly link back, if you have try my Pandan Kaya Cake. Your link will be appreciate.
Pandan Kaya Cake - by Fiona Lau
Recipe adapted by my dear sister Patricia Na
Modified Recipe by Fiona Lau
For Sponge Cake Ingredients :
- 4 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
- 80gm Caster Sugar
- 100g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
- 70g cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Grease n line a 8" round pan. I line the bottom only.
- Whisk eggs n sugar until stiff.
- Fold in sifted flour. Then add in oil and mix well.
- Pour into pan n bake for 35mins.
- Remove n cool cake completely before slicing into 3 equal portions.
For Pandan Kaya Ingredients :
- 500ml coconut milk
- 100ml UHT milk
- 500ml pandan water (I use 1 pkt pandan leaves)
- 100gm Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 85gm Hoen Kwe Flour (Green Pea Flour )
- 1 Pkt Agar Agar Powder(White )
- Mix Hoen Kwe flour n agar agar powder together.
- Slowly add in Pandan Water n mix well.
- Add in coconut milk, UHT milk, sugar, salt till well mixed.
- Cook the mixture @ low heat until mixture turned slightly thick (like kaya)
To Assemble the cake:
1. Wet a cake ring n a 9 " cake base. Alternatively you can use a 8" removable baking pan.
2. Pour in abt 2 ladle spoons of pandan mixture, spread the mixture.
3. Place a pc of sponge cake on top.
4. Pour another 2 to 3 ladle spoons of mixture on top. Spread well n make sure the mixture flows down, covering the sides.
5. Repeat the same process.
6. Leave to set outside for 2hrs thereafter put into fridge for another 2 hrs before decorating as desired.