100g plain flour
100g bread flour
3/4tsp baking soda
1 tsp double acting baking powder(or 2 tsp baking powder)
½ tsp salt
160ml cold milk
40g melted butter
1 tsp alkaline water (optional,mine was bought last year from phoon huat to make mooncake)
1 cup of roasted skinless peanuts - grind in food processor or buy ready grinded from supermarkets
1/2 cup of fine sugar(mix with grinded peanuts)
(Can also put chocolate rice/cheese/corn/red bean)
1. Sift plain flour, bread flour, baking powder and baking soda together, add in the rest of the ingredients and use whisk to whisk till everything is combined to become a smooth batter.
2. Cling wrap the bowl and leave in fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
3. Heat up your Happycall pan or non stick pan. I didnt grease my pan so the kueh is even in color. Pour batter into a measuring cup for easy pouring of batter into pan and getting neat circles(just pour until required size). Just leave pan on stove, no need to take up the pan.
4. Immediately sprinkle some peanuts sugar mixture(no need wait till half cooked so peanuts mixture sticks nicely to the Kueh), pan fry over low heat. U can flip half of Kueh to close when u see bubbles stop moving. I actually agar agar one but u will get the hang of it.
5. Leave to cool before storing in containers.