Kuih Ketayap (Crepe with sweet coconut filling) - by Shirley Ho
Kuih Ketayap (Crepe with sweet coconut filling)
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
Sweet coconut filling
400g grated coconut (from young coconut)
2tbsp brown sugar
150g palm sugar /gula Melaka, chopped
2pcs pandan leaves (screwpines), knotted
4tbsp coarse white sugar
1. Mix brown sugar, palm sugar, pandan leaves and water in a pot, bring to boil until sugar melted.
2. Discard pandan leaves and set aside
3. In a clean wok, heat coarse sugar until melt (caramel effect).
4. Add in gula melaka mixture (no 1)
5. Add in grated coconut and salt
6. Stir fry until slightly dry and well combine. Set aside.
300g all purpose flour
2tbsp tapioca flour
650ml pandan water ( blend 650ml water + 20pcs pandan leaves)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1tbsp corn oil or cooking oil
1tbsp condensed sweet milk
1tsp Homemade pandan paste, optional
1. Mix flour, tapioca flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add corn oil,condensed sweet milk and pandan water together.
3. Add egg into flour mixture, slowly pour in the liquid mixture No 2, whisk till well combine.
4. Sift the batter and set aside for 1-2hours.
To prepare Kuih Ketayap
1. Heat up a shallow frying pan over a low flame and lightly grease with cooking oil. Pour a scoop of the batter in the center and swirl the pan to coat it and form a thin crepe.
2. Once the batter colour change and the edge of the batter turn dry, crepe is ready and remove it immediately. Fry just for one side only. Continue to fry till batter is finished and crepes can be stack on each other as it would not stick together.
3. Put a spoonful of the coconut filling on the crepe and roll it up like the spring roll.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
07/12 - 07/19
- Kuih Ketayap (Crepe with sweet coconut filling) - ...
- Lor mai gai - by Doris Ong Guek Eng
- Plain Jane Crepe Cake - by Maggie Heng
- Kung Pao Chicken Recipe - by Linda Goh
- Rock Buns - by Josephine Liabraxna Wee
- Almond Butter Cake 杏仁牛油蛋糕 - by Daniel Leong
- No bake chocolate eclair cake - by Sumaiya Khalid
- Scones - by Janice Tong
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins - by Ng Mee Teng
- Mini Egg Fatt Goh (迷你鸡蛋糕发糕) - by Georgina Chew
- cream puff - by Weiwei Karen
- Baking's Corner Endorsement Of Blue Jacket Flour i...
- Durian Ogura Cake by Cinder Leong
- Super Moist Carrot Cake - By Fiona Lau
- BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
- Bread pudding with vanilla sauce
- Cookies & Cream Oreo Cupcake Recipe
- Oreo cupcakes
- CRÈME BRULEE CHEESECAKE
- HOMEMADE PRETZEL ROLLS
- RED VELVET CAKE/CUPCAKES
- ALMOND CHIFFON CAKE
- VANILLA CUPCAKES With WHIPPED CREAM
- VANILLA CUPCAKES with BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- HAZELNUT COOKIES
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TIRAMISU
- ROSEMARY & GARLIC FOCACCIA
- STRAWBERRY MERINGUE KISSES
- Meringues wif cornflakes & choc chips
- Japanese Cotton Cheesecake Recipe by Fiona Lau
- ▼ 07/12 - 07/19 ( 31 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )