Green Pea Cookies - by Jiru Yin

recipe credit to Monica Ann Wee Wee
Green Pea Cookies
Adapted from Debbie Teoh (Flavours magazine Jan-Feb 2009)
Yields 75 pieces.


160ml peanut oil (I added 15ml more as it was too dry; I had to used corn oil unfortunately)
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
110g icing sugar, sifted
250g plain flour, sifted
250g fried green peas, shelled and finely ground (I used ready-ground green peas from baking shop)
1 egg yolk, beaten lightly, for egg wash (optional)

Method:
1. Combine oil, salt and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed to dissolve the salt.

2. Add flour and ground green peas in batches. Mix lightly with paddle attachment to form a soft, pliable dough. (Half way through, the dough is too dry for the mixer, so I resorted to a hand paddle and later my hand)

3. Preheat oven to 180oC.

4. Shape dough into little ball about the size of marbles. Place on baking pans and brush with egg wash (optional).

5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before storing in airtight containers



This recipe is copied from Monica post. For the peas that I used as I washed n refried without oil too, I added extra 1/8 tsp salt to it. I don't have peanut or corn oil so I just use my sunflower oil. Just to use it up fast so that I can go get peanut or corn oil..

bakingscorner

Instagram