Agar-Agar Gula Melaka
1 pack of agar-agar powder
750 ml Water
1 block (about 200 g) gula melaka (palm sugar) - you can use more if you prefer sweeter
250 ml of coconut milk (fresh is the best)
a few pieces of pandan leaves, to be tied into a knot
1. Cut gula melaka into small pieces (easier and faster to melt)
2. Put gula melaka, water and pandan leaves into a pot and bring to boil. Stir until all the gula melaka have melted then pour through a sieve to remove any sediments.
3. add the Agar-agar powder to the gula melaka mixture and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and add the coconut milk.
5. Allow the mixture to come back to a slight boil at low heat. Don't over boil.
6. Remove from heat and pour the jelly mixture into a pan/mould of your choice. Traditionally, this is made in a aluminum square or rectangle tray then cut to diamond shape when set.
7. The jelly will separate into two distinct layers as it cool, try not to shake or move the container about when it's cooling.
8. Chill in the fridge until they’re ready to eat!
Note: if you follow my proportion of water to coconut milk, you will get like in my picture, half/half, if you’d like to have less of the whitish coconut part, then reduce the coconut milk accordingly.
The star of this jelly is the gula melaka, try to get the best you can lay your hands on. If possible, use fresh coconut.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
- ► 2015 ( 293 )
07/20 - 07/27
- Baked Banana Cake - by Clarinda Hoo
- pumpkin Ang ku kueh - Remz Valde
- Fiona's Lau Tionk Tionk Butter Cake - By Fiona Lau...
- Soft and Moist Banana Cake - by Helen Low Yen Yen
- kaya huat kuey 咖椰酱发糕 - by Victoria Moon Kua
- Pineapple Surprise - by Halimah Amin
- Snow Cheese Cake - By Loo Carmen
- Mango Berries Cheesecake - by Daphne Yong-Tan
- Chocolate Peppermints Macaroons - by Sharon Yet
- Home-Made Chinese Red Rice Wine （Foo Chow Ang Jiu)...
- Gula Malaka Kaya & Pulut Tai - Tai - by Pauline ...
- Rainbow cupcake - by Elizabeth De Cruz
- Light & Soft Marble Cake - by Cindy Chee Yit Fuen
- Bake prawn paste chicken wing - by Eileen Heng
- Kit Butter Cake - by Yeo Kim Hong
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Agar-Agar Gula Melaka
- Salted Caramel
- Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake
- Classic Butter Cake with Caramel Sauce
- lapis Chempedak Cake
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese
- Soft cake
- traditional Japanese sponge cake recipes
- Koleh-Koleh Kacang
- Sweet Corn Kueh
- Tradinational steam cake - Kc Gaffar
- ▼ 07/20 - 07/27 ( 27 )